Starting a project with some good social media listening, a solid piece of market insight and a piece of stakeholder research can give you the kind of insight that allows you to leap forwards. It takes time to go from information to insight, but it is worth it.
Here are some reports that are useful building blocks for insights in sustainability and behaviour change:
- DEFRA, Framework for Pro-Environmental Behaviours
- WBCSD, Sustainable Consumption Report, 2008
- Ethical Consumerism Report 2009, The Co-operative Bank
- Greendex 2010, National Geographic and GlobeScan
- Green Brands Survey, 2011, WPP
- CONE/ECHO Global CR Opportunity Study, 2011
- Raising the Bar – Building sustainable business value through environmental targets, The Carbon Trust, 2011
- Sustainability 2.0, Zumer, 2011
Research is also critical to evaluate performance, whether through surveys, social media evaluation or impact assessments. The critical thing is setting some effective Key Performance Indicators at beginning (or retrospectively if you are really moving fast!).
If you want to find out more about our insight and evaluation work, just say hello.